• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need updating help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Well my buddys system just went to crap and now i must do a reinstall. When I initially installed windows on the computer i had not bought it and used a windows key i had, at that time you could still get updates and whatnot. Just for clarification since then i have bought my own copy of XP pro with my own key. Anyways i installed windows using the old key and as you know cannot use windows update to get updates, is there anyway of getting SP2 on the computer? I know the automatic updates tend to work but they aren't popping up on his computer, If it all gos to poo then i will tell him he needs to buy his own copy.

If this topic is illegal then someone tell me and i will delete. :)

*EDIT* Another question, would it be fine not having all the updates and SP2, could i still install all the programs/games and they would work without problems?

Last edited:
Won't it just lock up after a month anyway because it hasn't been activated? What is the point of bothering with updates if that is the case?

Tell him to buy a license.

Back