• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a New Game System, need suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boonmar

The last system I've built was almost 2 years ago so much has changed since. I've always been AMD guy but since the Duo 2 came up, I really like it a lot. Here is what I'm looking for. I know I will go with the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600. I need to know which motherboard with Crossfire ready will go with this CPU. The memory I'm looking at is the Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4. The problem I've been reading is the default voltage for the mb is 1.8v but the memory is 2.1 so some people are having issue with the system posting. They have to use old memory so that they can boot to bios to change the voltage. I have been :bang head doing research but now I'm more confused then ever. I'm afraid to get this setup and the system will not post to get in the bios to change the setting. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

greenmaji said:
Asus P5W-DH new shipments have updated bios that defalt to higher Vdimm.

If I order P5W-DH board, how will I know if it has new updated bios as opposed to the old one? If the board does has the older version bios, will I have issue with the system posting so that I can get into the bios? Or can I flash the bios to the new version before doing anything else such as having memory in the board?

Back