• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam dont run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sephiroth_749

Top ranking SOLDIER officer
i double click steam and it acts like its going to run but nothing happens i have done spyware scans registry cleaner ccleaner, spybot and avast and they found nothing so i was wondering if someone knows how to fix this with out reinstalling steam.

He probably means the day it came out. I know that's when I lost interest in Counter Strike. You might want to look up the file that use to be deleted in the player profile folder. I can't remember it off the top of my head. May just want to reinstall it.

ctrl - alt - delete and see if steam.exe is running in your prossess. If it is, stop it, and try again. that useally fixes it when it happens to me.

Other than that... i dunno

in processes it show it running for a second then stops and just stays on the processes list then i end it and try again and it dont work

gahhh whats up with this thing

Metallica said:
ctrl - alt - delete and see if steam.exe is running in your prossess. If it is, stop it, and try again. that useally fixes it when it happens to me.

Other than that... i dunno

Metallica joined the forums. That's awesome. I've seen you guys seven times.

I'd check your event log. See if it gives any clues as to why it won't launch. Maybe an updated driver or something is causing your issue. Maybe uninstall it and go through the registry and delete anything labeled Steam and try installing it again.

I had this exact problem I believe. Your description is a bit ambiguous...so let me explain mine and you say if it is the same.

Steam starts -- No Steam tray icon.
Steam.exe is running. Try to start steam, but it says its already running.
Reinstall doesnt fix it. Removing registry keys does not fix it.

Sound like it?

My only solution was to create a seperate partition and load steam through it, then reboot and it worked for a while.

I ended up totally reformatting. It was really getting on my nerves.

Back