• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firewall ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

hey guys i bought my DFI mobo and it came with an Nvidia firewall and which it sucks. I want something with nice security or tells me when somethings happening such as a program running which it asks me with risk factors. please don't say zone alarm. I had issues with them on my last computer which had to be wiped.

I wen twith Comodo firewall which is awsome the thing is, it doesnt show like small, medium to high risk so i know if its a bad thing to run. they have a security Alert but how do you figure that out.

I'm not sure how you could get a license for it but I use Symantec corporate edition (with firewall) since my university offers it and it's actually quite lightweight, especially compared to the horrific Norton suites.

It gives decent control over programs seeking internet access along, ad blocking, and intrusion detection. I've had it running on both of my systems in my sig. with no noticeable slowdowns compared to running without an antivirus and firewall. Additionally, I've installed it on an ancient AMD K6 and it only slowed down slightly compared to running without.

Back