• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct-X Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

hey guys i bought a creative sound blaster X-FI audio sound card and i went to access Everest Ultimate edition and i was looking to see the cool effects of the sound card from going to onboard to extream audio. I went to the video, music which it was finbe but when i went to audio it shut down my PC badly just like unplugging the chord for the PSU. what can i do to fix this? any suggestions?

thanks,
Weezlexx89

I'm not too familiar w/ the board you're running, but there should be an option / setting in the BIOS called PCI Latency Timer. Check to make sure it's not set to a value higher than 64 PCI CLKS. 64 is the preferred setting for an NF4 board, but the BIOS default may be 32... and should offer options up to 248. Also check to make sure the PCI-E frequency is set to 100 MHz / PCI set to 33 MHz.

Last edited:
NO, the PCI Latency Timer. The setting should be located somewhere in the Advanced PCI / PnP settings menu, although the menu may be called something different in your particular BIOS. Leave the PCI-E locked at 100 / PCI locked at 33.

Back