• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core 2 duo motherboard with 4x DDR and PCIx16?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monk3y_furr

Registered
Hi,
Im looking to get a core 2 duo rig this week to replace my comp in the sig (now randomly crashing ALOT). Ive got 2gb of DDR 400 Ram and dont particularly want to buy 2gb of DDR2. Anyone know of a motherboard that supports core 2 duo and 4 sticks of DDR (4x 512s) and pci express 16 for my gefore 7600GS?
Cheers

I would guess that the 915 Chipset may be able work with the E4300 but not the E6300 and higher. I would still recommend that you get DDR2 and new mobo anyway. Even if you are able to find a mobo with 4XDDR, the PC3200 will hold back your overclock. The intel boards that has DDR is limited in FSB speed and can only give you a slight overclock over 200FSB. You need a mobo that is able to get above 400 FSB to overclock the conroe well.

865 chipset Asrock.. only availble in Asia sadly. (you can find them online in Japanese shops)

cheers, i'll have a look for that asrock board, most online retailers stock alot of asrock products in the uk, you never know. Hopefully going to get an E4300 so the DD400 shouldnt hold me back so much with the clocking.

Back