• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djisgod

Registered
im kind of a noob at all this and have just upgraded my comp to an asrock 945g mobo and a core2duo e6300 i have ocd the fsb up to 299 (max fsb on mobo is 300 but wont post at that)the cpu is 1.86gig and stock and is now running at 2.1gig and have not been able to get it any higher due to the bios not allowing me to raise the multiplyer is there anyway around this ? i tried turning intel smart setting off and this then gave the option to change multiplyer yet when i change it nothing happens the cpu speed just stays the same

Last edited:
Yeah, the multipliers on those chips are locked so you cannot go any higher. If your board is limiting you, the only option you would have is either getting a new board or new chip (new board would probably be better in this case). The E6300 has a 7x multi, E6400 has 8x, E6600 has 9x, E6700 has 10x. So if you had an E6600 in that board, youd be seeing 2.69Ghz. But really you would probably be better off buying a new board if you were going to buy something. With an Asus P5B Deluxe you could potentially hit 500FSB+. The only problem is whether your RAM can keep up or not. If you have DDR2-800 RAM then you will probably be limited to closer to 400-410 (depending on how the RAM overclocks) (7x 400 = 2.8 Ghz)

So, your CPU multi cannot go higher than 7x, and if your board is htiting a wall at 300, it probably won't go much higher. You can try updating your BIOS, but I doubt you'll get much more out of it.

yeah thats what i thought ok thanks alot for your help guess 2.1gig it is lol

sweeeeeet i just found a beta bios that has let me raise my fsb to 350 now im a happy chap

Back