• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Commando @ NewEgg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gautam said:
Ridiculous price...eWiz had these for only $215 a couple of days ago. OOS now.

I purchased mine from ewiz.com for $211 shipped to NC.

It will arrive on the 22nd.

Out of stock now....

Yea, I didn't want to purchase from eWiz because they actually don't have them in stock yet.

I'll be getting mine tomorrow... I've had bad experiences with eWiz before.

(Clanger)(DOA) said:
wounder how it clocks... hmm wait just like every other 965 board.
what separates it from a p5b-dlx?

It's got a better slot layout, with two PCI and one PCIe 1x available even with two graphics cards, but no built-in wifi. Also a major difference is that both PEG slots - the physical PCIe 16x ones - are 8x elecctrically rather than 16x/4x like most other P965 boards. This means crossfire may be better on them. Other than that it's a 'republic of gamers' board with some extra bling and stuff likeon-board switches.

For ~$210 it would seem to be a good board, although a close tossup with the P5W DH, if I hadn't gotten so busy I'd be a little bugged that I got a P5B-D a while ago and not even having it all set up yet :p but $280 is rediculous even for Newegg's price(gouging) engine.

I don't think that they are both 8x. Newegg has it listed @ 16x/4x. All of the 965's are 16x/4x. The weird thing is that I don't see any good reviews that say for sure.

Actually, it doesn't even look like this board officially supports Crossfire yet or at least it isn't Crossfire certified.
ASUS Website

Last edited:
Well, it was supposed to be the same price as the P5B Dlx more or less...that and it has 8 phase power and has very high voltage options in BIOS when compared to just about any other board out there...but ATM, might as well just take a P5B and give it a couple of mods.

hainer36 said:
so does this mean this board doesnt wear underwear or what

LOL I'm glad i wasn't the only one thinking that :p

It seems to be just a trimmed down, hyped up P5B Deluxe for the most part, apart from the voltages and stuff.

~ Gos

Gautam said:
Well it has 8 phase power and has very high voltage options in BIOS

P5B Deluxe has 8 phase power but it does suffer from vdroop issues. Then again don't all 965's suffer from vdroop to some degree? And the vdroop varies from board to board.

I dunno... Commando sounds cool and all but I'm just guessing it will take some time to mature as a platform. P5B Deluxe already has that. And its drawbacks are already documented so you pretty much know what your getting up front. So its going to be an easier board to setup.

Higher voltage options of the Commando sound nice though.

Back