• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help to pass bus speed 325

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SimPlayer

Registered
My spec is in my sign. I am still newbee for OCing eventhough I have done some OC before. So far, the only thing I have change is the bus speed, and every thing is left to AUTO. I did try to up the bus speed to 350 and vCore to 1.425, but Super-PI was not stable. My temp is fine, with idle 37, load 41. I think I have about 8 degrees with spare. I like to get to bus speed to around 400 if I could. Any tips? Thnx.

Hrm...Something doesn't seem right. That vcore looks a bit high for what you have it clocked at right now. I know it goes against reason but have you tried a lower vcore like 3 to 3.5 for the current clock?

SimPlayer said:
My spec is in my sign. I am still newbee for OCing eventhough I have done some OC before. So far, the only thing I have change is the bus speed, and every thing is left to AUTO. I did try to up the bus speed to 350 and vCore to 1.425, but Super-PI was not stable. My temp is fine, with idle 37, load 41. I think I have about 8 degrees with spare. I like to get to bus speed to around 400 if I could. Any tips? Thnx.

check your memory divider. make sure you are not running 3:4 (which means your memory is running faster then your FSB)

To check this you can download CPUZ at cpuid.org everything but hte voltage should read correctly on c2d.

DeepSky said:
Hrm...Something doesn't seem right. That vcore looks a bit high for what you have it clocked at right now. I know it goes against reason but have you tried a lower vcore like 3 to 3.5 for the current clock?

For what I am running now, vcore is set to auto, and CPUZ reports 1.37-1.38

Neur0mancer said:
check your memory divider. make sure you are not running 3:4 (which means your memory is running faster then your FSB)

To check this you can download CPUZ at cpuid.org everything but hte voltage should read correctly on c2d.

After adjusting memory, now it is stable at 350. Setting bus speed to 366, Super-PI is not stable. I set the pci to 33MHz, pcie to 100, memory frequency to 732, which is a selection from bios. CPU-Z reported vCore voltage of 1.42 (vCore is set to auto in BIOS). Can I push it any more or I have to settle with 350?

Sounds like you are still going too high on the mem clocks. What is your memory speed (reported in cpuz) at the current BUS?

You are probably going to need to drop it even more in BIOS to keep it too a stable level.

He should be able to run at least 800 with no problem. Change the setting under North bridge in the bios that say "Configure By Spd" to Manual. Also, set the Ram voltage for what you modules suggest.

I would back it down to a frequency that works, change the vcore and memory to manual instead of AUTO, then try for the the higher speeds.

Back