• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noiseless pump REALY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cka3o4nuk

hello people ^)
i am russian so sorry for my english :beer:
so what is the question
i tried a lot of pumps
list:
2 diferent laing ddc - high frequency noise
eheim 1048 with moded impeller -noise after 2 days
hydor l20 l30 noise after a day
eheim compact 600 -noise
aqurium sistem new-jet 800 (not in my curent loop) was almast noisles but not has a very strong vibration
a lot of atman pumps (china)

noiseless is only models 300 lph 0.6 m

so my loop

psu whatercooled with copper tube id 8

alphacool nexxxos bold on cpu
alphacool snb-n northbrige x2
alphacool nexxxos hp on gpu

all the 120mm fans are at 3.8v and reale had no noise :)

please help to choose a pump or help somesing else

Swiftech MCP655 (Laing D5) has a potentiometer so you can adjust the flow/sound to your needs. I found that I couldn't hear it at level 5 (full) ....but this might be different for other people

Yea i cant hear mine @ 5 and it isnt even screwed down to my case just sitting on the bottom

jivetrky said:
Swiftech MCP655 (Laing D5) has a potentiometer so you can adjust the flow/sound to your needs. I found that I couldn't hear it at level 5 (full) ....but this might be different for other people

I second this. Even @ 3 ~ 4 it still pumps like no other :D

cka3o4nuk said:
350 or 355 by swiftech is clone of laing ddc
Eihem 1048 should the quietest.

The best and quiet is mcp350/ddc, drawback to this pump is when paired with low restrictive waterblocks pump will make more noise then when paired with more restrictive blocks. Also don't mod water pump for 1/2id inlet if you really want to keep it quiet. I don't really know what you complain about mcp350/ddc makes no more noise than a single hard drive.

Also if you want quiet system you need appropriate case for it.

The only solution I have used over the years which I would categorize as noiseless is a submerged pump in a closed res mounted on a foam pad. The pump hanging in the res which decouples the pump vibration from the rest of the system so no noise generation due to resonance effects. The water surrounding the pump provides acoustic isolation. This makes the pump inaudible unless placing the ear physically against the reservoir's container.

I currently am using a ddc with Alphacool top and it is quite good for a DC solution, and will satisfy the majority except for discerning silent type enthusiasts. I use this pump due to having a very restrictive impingement style block in my system . But with the new generation of low restriction blocks appearing recently I may just return to my old submerged AC pump :beer:

I hear the DDC+ is pretty quiet, especially if it's undervolted a little bit as some have done. It's a great pump and very compact and will work with just about any setup.

meionm calvin ddc pump makes noise with higt amlitude in system like mine whare is whary big presure drop

my case is server chieftek da-01-wd

thinking about d5 but it cost in our country more than 120 usd

also i am thinking about making a rig with couple very weak pump as i read about it conecting one after anothe will help to improve presure

D5 in setting 2 or 3 makes as much as noise as ddc with much less head pressure.

120mm fans don't run at 3.8v. They usually stop at 5v

Aww, I'm disappointed, I thought you had found a silent pump. :( The DDC (original, not the "+" version) is pretty quiet but still not quite there. I'm about ready to just buy like 10 common pumps and test them all because everyone's opinion differs so greatly I can't get a straight answer.

damarble aqurium sistem new-jet 800 (not in my curent loop) was almast noisles but not has a very strong vibration
i can advice only that

The quietest pump I've used, if (and it is a big if) you can get a good one that doesn't tick/grind, would be the old DTek MAG II pumps. If all the stars were in alignment, it was significantly quieter than a 1048. Unsure about life expectancy though - I only ever used mine for a few weeks during some tests with it.

There'd surely be some sort of market for a truly silent electro-magnetic propulsion pump, coupled with some ferro-magnetic water additive that enables the water to be propelled through an external electro-magnetic field sequence. Not sure how well it'd work in terms of flow/pressure, but it'd sure be cool.

The old (8+w) DDC is very quiet if you insulate it. I had mine surrounded by the "foam" used for OEM HDD's and not directly attached to the case - very, very quiet even with the Radiical top. The new (18w) DDC+ has a very slight hum to it when mounted the same way but I can only hear it with the side off the case.

Try wrapping your DDC's in common foam and mount the foam to the case using a twist-tie or something similar. If you want real quiet do not attach the pump to the case directly or the case will amplify the noise. This applies to all pumps ...

cka3o4nuk said:
damarble aqurium sistem new-jet 800 (not in my curent loop) was almast noisles but not has a very strong vibration
i can advice only that

Thanks. Unfortunately it looks like it isn't available in the states or I would try it. But good luck with your search, I know what it's like to not be satisfied with pumps most people claim to be quiet.

Cathar said:
There'd surely be some sort of market for a truly silent electro-magnetic propulsion pump, coupled with some ferro-magnetic water additive that enables the water to be propelled through an external electro-magnetic field sequence. Not sure how well it'd work in terms of flow/pressure, but it'd sure be cool.
Sounds like you just watched The Hunt For Red October?:beer:

On topic, I use a MPC 350 and I need to touch it to tell if it's on.

Last edited:
Back