• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is a good resevior?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

I have a single bay resevior, I hate it. it sucks air unless I remove every single drop of air from the system(a pain)

dual bay seems a bit excessive.

I like the tall cylinder reseviors, seems well designed.

whats the suggestions by those that have used other designs?

I like the fact that you can screw it into the case using the 525 bay hole mounts, its easy to fill, just get a funnel and throw into the file hole. Simple and cheap does, the job

OCnewbee said:
Just finished my new loop with one of those. They are awsone cause you can get them with a g1/4 threaded top and run the fillport directly into the top like so.

hey ocnewbee what kind or rad do you have, and is it mounted in the front of that armor.???

I'll also chime in and say the Swiftech Micro-Res is great. Here's a pic of how I used it in a Lian Li PC-61--Thermochill PA-120.2 is mounted on top; that was a tight fit. :beer:

Attachments

• 2007-01-15 033s.jpg
    2007-01-15 033s.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 215
Ive seen double bay sized res selling for about 30 bucks at danger den (not that its in stock).

For 30 bucks I can buy enough acrylic to make two shoe boxed sized tripple bay reses out of 6mm thick acrylic!

Sure you have to buy or have some tools, (drill, hacksaw and clamps) but you get to keep those for all your other modding projects.

Oh and the acetone you use to put it together is just 2 dollars worth of nail polish remover, now thats cheap.

For me, cost isn't the primary criteria. I've built more than 10 reservoirs over the last couple of years (and I've gotten pretty good at it), but the last one I put in a system was a simple little $20 Swiftech res. Unless you're building something for bling factor (my last two custom reservoirs had a vortex leading into the pump and looked very good!!) the little Swiftech can't be beat.

It is fun to play with reservoir designs, but if you just want to get a system up and running the micro res is the ticket.

Mycobacteria said:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=491332

Mine is a tripple bay sized res that is about the size of a shoe box, I made it myself so it is cost effective.

There is no doubt about the quality of my builds I can stand on my acrylic res and it does not break.

What ram cooler is that????

(Clanger)(DOA) said:
hey ocnewbee what kind or rad do you have, and is it mounted in the front of that armor.???

Thermochill PA120.2

Here is the thred on the new loop i just finished up.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=493077

They are gold plated 8888C4DF DOMINATORS the HSF is built into the RAM's PCB as far as I know there are only 4 or 5 of these gold plated modules wondering around.

I think the swifty micro res is built quite well all things considered:

6mm thick acrylic
Perfect joints (And I mean its the perfect example of a capillary cement joint for acrylic).
Comes with O rings, various sized barbs (and the barbs are flanged which are hard to come by)
When the acrylic was tapped it was tapped with oils (as there are no scrach marks, ie the thead is clear, also the the barbs tuns really well no brute force or teflon tape required) and the barbs sit flush to its flanged surface for that extra nice finish.
I belive its joints have been flame polished and buzzed for that extra nice finish on the corners.

Swiftec make a very nice res, BUT its just too dam small... it looks like an ant in a Mountain Mod U2 UFO.

Last edited:
T1Cybernetic said:
dicecca112 said:
Fan of the Swiftech Micro Res

Im another one with the micro res and it's perfect for me :beer: you will be pleased you chose it!

Personaly if you want to use a res, use either a micro one like the swiftech or a HUGE one like a bucket :D
the small one will suit most people's needs but when i was testing with a large bowl my temps were lower :drool:

Im all for lower temps but having a swimming pool to store your water is a little over the top :p unless you can do it.

"EDIT" Forgot all about this: Swiming Pool Reservior!

well I have 100gallons of aquarium right near by... but since that runs around 78degrees, thats not really optimal i dont think.

plus its salt... unless they start making titanium water blocks...

Back