• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LANPARTY UT ICFX3200-T2R/G in stock at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MVC

Well, this is finally "available", I think :beer:

Newegg has it listed at $269.99, but I think I'll wait and see if there's any price competition before I buy one.

Here's the link.

Yeah, I know. It's just that I tend to hesitate when I begin to spend a couple thousand dollars--and if I buy the board then I'm buying the rest of the system that'll go with it.... So.... I'm hesitating:beer: :bang head :beer: :bang head :beer:

Edit: The thing is, my current "old reliable" desktop is an Intel 530 Prescott and it's getting pretty long in the tooth so it really needs replacing.... Still hesitating while I talk myself into it :)

I had my heart set to buy this motherboard when it came out, but I am disappointed the PCI Express is 8X for both slots and 2X for the Physics.

The 680i board has 2x PCIe at 16X and 1x PCIe at 8x and is SLI. I think DFI is behind the times and needs to rev the board to have 16x. I will wait until the full bandwidth 16x is available for crossfire.

Sniper.nkc said:
I had my heart set to buy this motherboard when it came out, but I am disappointed the PCI Express is 8X for both slots and 2X for the Physics.

The 680i board has 2x PCIe at 16X and 1x PCIe at 8x and is SLI. I think DFI is behind the times and needs to rev the board to have 16x. I will wait until the full bandwidth 16x is available for crossfire.
The problem with that is that I haven't seen a KVM switch that'll use DVI and USB that will work with the nVidia chipset.

From what I've seen even with SLI and 2x 8800GTX's you are not going to max out the bandwidth of PCIe 8x. From other testers with duel 8800GTX's the CPU very quickly becomes the bottle neck. Saw one guy only gain 20% with a 4.2 ghz E6800 on the P5BD I believe. I've been going back and forth on which board I want for my new rig. My current rig is so out of date. Just recently found a game that I can't play with all the eye candy on. Actually I have to play with bare essencials so it kicked my system in the nuts.

The P5BD is fairly solid with the few vmods done to it, but it's issues with the JMicron raid controler make me hesitant to purchase it. The IN9 Max32x on paper looks to be the ticket but it suffers from the same spurs as all the 680i boards suffer. Their is really only 2 very solid boards out their for Conroe/Kentfield systems now. The RD600 DFI and the Intel Bad Axe 2. The RD600 gives the users far more BIOS options to squeeze every bit of power from your CPU/Mem you can muster. It has working async memory dividers unlike pretty much every conroe board that I've looked at. The RAID works on the RD600 and BA2 pretty damn good. Seen more issues with the BA2 over the RD600. Oh and a major plus the vdroop with the RD600 is nonexsistant from the few OCing testers out their. Only thing one might need to vmod would be Vcore as it only allows one to go as high as 1.6v which for some just isn't enough. Me I think 1.6v is as high as I would want to go anyways. And Vmch I believe has a really good voltage range in the BIOS so I don't think their is even a need to vmod that.

My vote is the RD600 with 2 thumbs up. Oh and your Corsair memory will work on both of my top 2 systems. 680i doesn't like the fast Corsair memory.

I found it quite amusing that in VR Zone's review, they seemed to think that a major problem with this board was:

'it is appalling that the Pi calculation performance on this board is lack lustre.'

If I had a board that supported proper crossfire (unlike the 965p), crossfire physics, had the best tweaking options of any C2D mobo, and could do 500Mhz FSB with a little work, I don't think that I could find the time to be appalled by anything as trivial as SPi.

>HyperlogiK< said:
I found it quite amusing that in VR Zone's review, they seemed to think that a major problem with this board was:

'it is appalling that the Pi calculation performance on this board is lack lustre.'

If I had a board that supported proper crossfire (unlike the 965p), crossfire physics, had the best tweaking options of any C2D mobo, and could do 500Mhz FSB with a little work, I don't think that I could find the time to be appalled by anything as trivial as SPi.

LOL, exactly!

I am waiting on buying mine until I move over to Kentsfield. I have a buddy buying my E6600 and I am going to jump down to a P4 for the fun of it (and they are dirt cheap) while I build the funds for the kentsfield/Lanparty jump :).

~jtjuska

Back