• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

concept idea you be the judge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lekyiscool

hi after viewing dells new black ice i was inspired to create something that kind of "mounts on the cpu" that also looks cool and cools. After reaserching for a bit i decided to create a water cooling setup that integrated the coolit freezone tec cooler goes to the block provided by the freezones kit then back to a radiator then to the tec to further decrease the temp. After researching the freezone is said to be able to handle more heatout put 175W and above so i decided to integrate this rather then the eliminator. I was curious as to what you guys think of this? is it stupid, inefficient ? or would it do a good job or would a dual rad cooling both a gpu and cpu be better?

i quickly drew out a concept set up what do you guys think?

untitled122ax6.png

It is an interesting idea for sure but better results could be had by adding a larger rad to the equation. much cheaper and more energy efficiant.
If you want to get into pelts and watercooling, mozy over to the extreme cooling forum.
People use pelts to cool their cpus with high end watercooling by running a pelt between the waterblock and the cpu. you need a LOT of surface area though because the pelt dispels a certain wattage of heat into the loop in addition to the load of your cpu. so you need a radiator and pump that can now dispel around 400+ watts.
a 3x rad would be quite warm to the touch.

well the coolit frezone only uses 100w max i think its like 20 w lower tho it had this on its site

another idea is to replace the freezone with another single 120 rad and have them run paralel and having this caged in a rectangluar cube much like the black ice h2c right over the cpu

and have a second loop for gpu

would u think this would provide better temps

the only reason i thought of using the freezone is that many reviews claim that it has droped their tempt extremely low 45 max but no tests have been done with a conroe so im expecting higher tempts specialy if overclocked which is why i thought of having the water cooled by the rad first to reduce it to more room temp levels then have the pelts to drop it even lower

Well, it might help a little bit, but thats 100watts of energy use to drop maybe a degree in temp, where running a 175 or 275watt pelt under your waterblock will knock you below ambient.
Id rather pick up a bigger rad an air conditioner if i wanted to play. hell, screw the air conditioner, its -10 outside =O

Having a radiator and thermoelectric plate in series would actually hinder the performance of your TEC. The radiator would actually be working against the TEC to bring the temp back up to room temp. That is of course, if the TEC consumed more power than the cpu output. Think of it this way. Heat travels from HOT to COLD. If your TEC is capable of cooling your cpu to below ambient, the water traveling to the radiator should also be below ambient. In this configuration, the radiator would be cooler than ambient and heat flow would reverse and reenter the loop. The best thing to do would be to cool the hot side of the TEC with the water loop.

well the reason i placed the rad before the tec so the high temps of the cpu would first be cooled by the rad before it goes to the tec which then further cools it down im not sure how this would be working against it ?

the reason for my second option (replace the tec with another rad) is so i can save space and have it be a removable component like the cooling component on the blackice h2c the question about this is that is it going to give be good temps with a core 2 6600/or 6400 overclocked and stock and info would be greatly apreciated from u guys

Doesn't matter, a loop is a loop, the temperature would still be brought back up;
when the cool water leaves the cpu block, where does it go?-the radiator, what temp is the radiator?-room temp; warmer than the water.

oooo i got it yea now that i look at it its prolly a dumb idea lol so i have re thought it and what about switching the tec with another rad or/and another rad infront of that one good idea? temps ?

Back