• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need your advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macadonious

I am placing this question here due to the fact that I am water cooling and need a new case where I can place all of the H2O parts on the inside, especially the Black Ice rad.
I am looking for a case and i am looking are this one specifically:
df36_1_b.JPG
If this is a good case, please let me know, if not please make suggestions.

Thank you in advance:confused:

I have to say that any case can be good for WCing. I think it all depends on what you are trying to do, if you want to mad the case, and how much you are putting in.

Bascially any case is a good candidate for a WC set up.

I know that didnt really answer your question, but in essence, yes that is a good case for a WC system.

any case can be used for watercooling, it's just a matter of what parts you use. post a more specific part list and we can make a better suggestion.

Any case can be used for watercooling, but from experience I can tell you that a bigger case is easier because there is more room for everything. Right now I am using a CM Stacker, a full tower, and I like it a lot more than my old mid tower.

UBERCOOL said:
Any case can be used for watercooling, but from experience I can tell you that a bigger case is easier because there is more room for everything. Right now I am using a CM Stacker, a full tower, and I like it a lot more than my old mid tower.

I have to agree here. I put my first WC system in an Armor Jr Mid Tower...and although I could do it, it was cramped, and for wanting it all internal, I had to go with a single 120 fan rad.

Wife got me a MM UFO for x-mas, and man o man, it made a huge difference!

Ok...more specifically, I have a Thermaletake Xaser III that has 1-80mm fan in the rear and with the water cooling, I had to have a 120MM rad and fan. So for obvious reason, I could not put the rad inside. It just would not fit at all. So I had to put it on the out side and use double sick tape (I hate that too). So now I am looking at building a new computer and want a case with good room and a large enough space to put a 120mm fan and rad on the inside, thus my question.

If you are only looking at a single rad then you should be fine in pretty much any case as long as you are ok with a bit of modding. I don't think I know of any case that you couldn't cut a 120mm hole in the top of to mount a rad.

UBERCOOL said:
If you are only looking at a single rad then you should be fine in pretty much any case as long as you are ok with a bit of modding. I don't think I know of any case that you couldn't cut a 120mm hole in the top of to mount a rad.

:beer: LOL...You have not seen my case. I cannot cut out any place to create a 120mm hole and have other things actually fit.

Back