• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I could only imagine that there should be one.

Be careful purchasing those copies of media center or w/e to upgrade though. With many upgrades you not only have to send in an invoice pretending you are a computer builder so they know you have Vista ready parts, but you will get sent an OEM version which supposedly will only work with one hardware configuration.

Just be careful if you go that route.

there will be upgrade versions (as far as I know) for every version of Vista but be sure you can upgrade to the new version from the old version of xp.... like xp home can up to vista home basic. MCE can up to Vista home premium and so on.... make sure you are eligible for the upgrade

if i were you, i would wait for a year to see how its going. look at Windows ME. all it was is bug upon bugs.

WeezleXX89 said:
if i were you, i would wait for a year to see how its going. look at Windows ME. all it was is bug upon bugs.
There is no doubt that Vista will be much more stable than ME was. Remember ME was rushed because XP was slow to market and M$ had to keep the money coming in. I'm waiting on my Action Pack and as soon as I get it my primary system will have Vista along with Office 2007 installed.

I found the prices Here which are in agreement with the Amazon.com Pre-Order prices.

If you are looking for the upgrade edition and a college student, teacher, or some other education related fields check out http://www.microsoft.com/Education/USAcademicPricing.mspx#ENB

You can pick up a upgrade edition of Vista Home Premium for $89.95 as it shows at the bottom of the page. There are eligiblity requirements and you need to buy from specific vendors but you can get discounted prices on many of Microsoft's Products.

Back