• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe just doesn't want to boot up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kumakichi

Registered
So no luck posting last nite while trying to bench my rig together. Double checked connections. Cleared the CMOS just in case of chassis intrusion. The fan on my vid card jiggles a little bit like its trying to power up. Guess I need to boot up with a 1.8v stick of ram?

Kumakichi said:
So no luck posting last nite while trying to bench my rig together. Double checked connections. Cleared the CMOS just in case of chassis intrusion. The fan on my vid card jiggles a little bit like its trying to power up. Guess I need to boot up with a 1.8v stick of ram?

Yeah, first thing I'd try is different memory configs. THis happened to me on my build and memory juggling solved the problem perminatly.

I tried all the tricks I read on the forums. I tried using just 1 stick. Tried every slot. Then tried the other stick. I tried just about everything but putting a stick of ram in the fridge for 1/2 hr. and then trying it (read that somewhere :rolleyes: )

I wonder how many people this has happened to. I tend to not upgrade too often (my last pc is now about 4 yrs old) so I don't exactly have extra parts laying around. For someone like me I actually have to go out and pay $50 for a stick of ram I'll never do anything with other than get my pc to boot up. I hope it does the trick. I'm not too happy about having to do this. That money could go towards something useful. :bang head

I have the same thing. Now have P5B Deluxe board with led on but doesnt boot. Asus is not making good board anymore. BTW, my board has a sticker over Made in Taiwan that said made in China though the box said Taiwan also.
God damn it, f-cking make it back in Taiwan.

Kumakichi said:
I tried all the tricks I read on the forums. I tried using just 1 stick. Tried every slot. Then tried the other stick. I tried just about everything but putting a stick of ram in the fridge for 1/2 hr. and then trying it (read that somewhere :rolleyes: )

I wonder how many people this has happened to. I tend to not upgrade too often (my last pc is now about 4 yrs old) so I don't exactly have extra parts laying around. For someone like me I actually have to go out and pay $50 for a stick of ram I'll never do anything with other than get my pc to boot up. I hope it does the trick. I'm not too happy about having to do this. That money could go towards something useful. :bang head

Back