• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe and chipset driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boonmar

This is my first Intel motherboard and don't know anything else about it. Always been an AMD fan. But just order the P5B Deluxe and would like to know if I have to install any chipset driver for the board from Intel website. I've checked the Asue and did not see any driver for the chipset. Does anyone know if I have to do this for best performance and if so, where can I find it and which one do I need? Thanks in advance....

Actually that driver is just an .INF file and especially for almost all 965 families, its already matured even its old as last year !

The latest one which just an update for latest 965 other series/family like G965 etc, just try search at Intel site, it should be easy to find !

Had the same thought as well, but after reading the change log, there is no changed for P965 since it was released last year !

EDIT : Found the link, remember, P5B Deluxe is using P965 -> Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Last edited:
bing said:
Actually that driver is just an .INF file and especially for almost all 965 families, its already matured even its old as last year !

The latest one which just an update for latest 965 other series/family like G965 etc, just try search at Intel site, it should be easy to find !

Had the same thought as well, but after reading the change log, there is no changed for P965 since it was released last year !

EDIT : Found the link, remember, P5B Deluxe is using P965 -> Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Thanks for the link. Too bad they are not like VIA all in one. Just one download and you're done. I noticed there are 2 download for the P965 Express Chipset. The chipset software I'm sure I will need but what is the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. Do I need this?

You don't need that Matrix Storage if you don't plan to do "raid" on your harddisk ! :D

... or.. if you're interested, just visit "Storage" section look for the word Matrix Raid or just click the smiley at my sig ! That will leads you to somewhere ! :)

bing said:
You don't need that Matrix Storage if you don't plan to do "raid" on your harddisk ! :D

... or.. if you're interested, just visit "Storage" section look for the word Matrix Raid or just click the smiley at my sig ! That will leads you to somewhere ! :)

Thanks for your help bing.

Back