• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP x64 & Lexmark problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Hey guyz, need some help here. I'm running winxp x64 and i've pretty much reinstalled evrything, but i'm having major issues with my printer. Seems to me there are no drivers for my printer on lexmark's site :mad: I've searched high and low to no avail. Am I doomed? :cry:

Lexmark is not making drivers for old printers on XP64, my buddy's printer was a couple months old and they tried to suggest he buy another one that has XP64 drivers. Needless to say most of my friends and myself do not plan on buying lexmark again.

Dam! Means i'm S.O.L. with my printer on XP64 then eh? :mad: Don't get me wrong my printer is not old tho.

i had to buy a new one when i went to xp64. Never again will I buy lexmark even though i have had good experiences with other forms of customer support. Sent a new printer in 1 day to replace mine that was having problems no questions asked so that was nice. But not doing something like updating your drivers for 64 bit just ****es me off to no end considering what they suggest you to do (buy a new one). It is like the geek squad almost, they sucker punch you into buying something new.

You may get lucky by looking for a driver at http://www.planetamd64.com/ .

I found a work-around driver for one of my printers and my Netgear Wifi nic . Both drivers have worked xint for the past 1+yrs

Good luck ;)

Back