• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe power supply connections

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kumakichi

Registered
I have an OCZ 700w psu that has 2 4 pin hookups for the motherboard. And on the P5B Deluxe there are actually 2 4 pin sockets. Should I be hooking both of them up?

Yes hook them both up. The P5B has an 8 pin connection and the PSU has two 4 pin connectors so those with 4 pin Mobo's can still use it by only connecting one of them.

That exta connector makes a huge difference in stability if you plan to raising the volts for your CPU or RAM. Initially I did not hook up the 2nd 4 plug connector and I had a lot of stability issues at higher clocks. :beer:

Interesting stuff. Do you think the 2nd plug has its own rail? Maybe instead of stressing one rail with that kind of load a 2nd rail helps keeps things stable?

I read thru the OCZ documentation (very weak...pretty much non-existent) and read thru the P5B Deluxe and couldn't find any answers. Its a great thing to come to forums like this and get some help.

Back