• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 wont display! waterblock/fan issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FOX-BaTMaN-86

hi im FOX-BaTMaN- i just recently upgraded to a new NZXT case with 550w psu and top end Asetek Waterchill watercooling system to cool my CPU NB and VGA from all stock cooling. so far everything is green exept im getting no display from my videocard. so in essence its not all green, in fact its nothing becuase with nothing on my 2 monitors i cant diagnose ****! the card is a Saphire X800 AGP 256mb. my speculation thus far is that the card wont run without a fan attached and sending rpm/temp information to the card as a safety feature. unfortunately i made a noob move and tossed out the stock video card fan in the exitement of christmas day and $500 worth of new computer equipment. i'd really like to know if there is a jumper or something that i can just put into that 3 pin connection (wtf is with it being slimmer than the regular 3 pin fan connection?) have a replacement fan on order specificly for the x800 that draws in case air and exausts it out of a pci bay. hopefully it does the trick and makes the card think its being cooled by a fan while im really using it as an extra case fan but i could really use some insight on the issue.
thx peace

X800 based cards DO NOT require an RPM for them to work... It is more likely that you've either crunched the GPU Core, or tightened the block too much and flexed and cracked an internal trace on the circuit board, or knocked a component of the card with the mounting hardware, or shorted a surface resistor around the core with thermal compound.

Dismount the block, thoroughly inspect the card for missing/damaged components, and clean off any excess thermal compound from around the core. Try again.

I can tell you that my x800XL has no problem running without the stock fan, FWIW.

X800XT here working fine sans fan signal. I always have problems with heat with this card before but with wc'ing core temps fall by 40c.:)

Per Marci recheck installation, its not the fan.

Back