• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All Apogee GT owners, please read!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grouchon

Swiftech Owner
As more and more users implement the Apogee GT o-ring tweak, I wanted to make sure that everyone understands that the base plate needs to be oriented properly in relation to the inlet and outlet ports. here is a schematic that we also posted on the apogee and apogee gt pages, as well as in the tweaking guide:

base-plate-installation.gif

Gabe - CEO, Swiftech

is swiftech going to start shipping GT's with the new o-ring for a bowed base, or do we always have to purchase serperatly?

Phrenetical said:
is swiftech going to start shipping GT's with the new o-ring for a bowed base, or do we always have to purchase serperatly?
Swiftech is shipping blocks with the normal oring and the bigger oring included with the block... You don't have to buy anything separately, you would only need to swap orings, hence Gabe's PSA.

:beer: Yes i read that before posting, granted you have the tweak stuff included in the specs, but i must be missing something cause no where do i see it specifically say that included in the package is the bowing O-ring.

Nylon Fittings: 1/4" NPSM to 3/8" and/or 1/2" barbs
Fitting O-ring: (2) EPDM O-ring AS568A Dash Number 112
Base plate dimensions: 2" x 2" (50.5 x 50.5 mm)
Assembly weight: : 6.7 oz (190 g)

"Fitting O-ring: (2) EPDM O-ring AS568A Dash Number 112 " being the Bowing O-ring. Your assuming people will automatically think this is the bowing O-ring?

sure you can assume people will make that assumption, but since i work with the web each day i understand how people are not going to make set conenction and you need to clearly state that, "(2) EPDM O-ring AS568A Dash Number 112 " is the bowing O-ring. (IMHO)

:beer:

it will save you answering emails similar to my post above... :)

The bow o ring came out after january 15. So if you got apogee before that, it will be without one. You would have to contact swiftech to get one.

Seeing it's the same pattern, is it fair to say that we have to observe these same orientation rules with the MCW-60?

Back