• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5N32-E Overclocking issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pete1576

I am having a ton of problems trying to overclock my Core 2 duo x6800 on this mobo. I think it's just because im missing something in the way i am trying to over clock.

I can increase FSB no problem, but i can't seem to make my Memory run at 1:1 with the FSB. Under the FSB/memory overclocking menu, I have 3 options Linked, Unlinked and Auto. I also have 3 dividers 1:1, 5:4 and 3:2.

When i put the FSB/Memory divider to 1:1 the PC will not boot. I tried putting the vdimm to 2.2 and setting the timing to 5-5-5-15 but it still won't boot.

For some reason, it doesn't like the fact that i am trying to run the FSB/Memory at 1:1. Is tehre anything i am missing, or do i just have crapy memory?

The memory i currently have in my PC is 2x 1Gig Geil DDR2 - 800. Is that crappy memory?

Aviod using Ntune (it only works on the referance Nvidia mobos and this isn't one of them)

Your Geil the ultra w/orange heatspreaders? It should be fine..

try unlinking your ram/cpu IE not 1:1

check out the 3D benching fourm, there's a good thread on this mobo.

Hmmm

There was a guy on this forum who was able to get the CPU multiplier to work even on unlocked CPU's on this mobo, can anyone confirm this?

Overclocking on the nVidia chipset? good luck mate... I had the P5N32-SLI and I could get like 3.9ghz, but no matter what.... 4ghz was the wall. They just stop at a certain FSB, and it cant be fixed.

Back