• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wmi console

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alan.cun

Registered
hi is there a way in reseting the security for wmi control properties as my little boy deleted my rights to it. So can i reset the security or edit it in the windows regedit as i dont wanna reinstall xp

thanks

I had posted a batch script for you to use, but found something that may be a little kinder (and may work better). Do the following:

Click Start.
Right click My Computer and select Manage.
In the left pane, expand Services and Applications and click Services.
In the right pane, locate Windows Management Instrumentation, right click it, and select Stop.
Next, you need to delete the WMI repository folder:
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Windows installation folder. This is the location to which you installed the operating system files; by default it is named Windows, unless you upgraded to XP from Windows 2000, in which case it is named WINNT. This is called the %systemroot% folder.
Navigate to [drive letter]:\%systemroot%\System32\Wbem\Repository and delete all files in the folder.
Reboot the computer.

If this does not work I can offer a couple of other methods.

Jon said:
I had posted a batch script for you to use, but found something that may be a little kinder (and may work better). Do the following:

Click Start.
Right click My Computer and select Manage.
In the left pane, expand Services and Applications and click Services.
In the right pane, locate Windows Management Instrumentation, right click it, and select Stop.
Next, you need to delete the WMI repository folder:
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Windows installation folder. This is the location to which you installed the operating system files; by default it is named Windows, unless you upgraded to XP from Windows 2000, in which case it is named WINNT. This is called the %systemroot% folder.
Navigate to [drive letter]:\%systemroot%\System32\Wbem\Repository and delete all files in the folder.
Reboot the computer.

If this does not work I can offer a couple of other methods.
thanks very much jon that saved me a reinstall it worked with no problems thanks again bud =D

Back