• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WDH Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
I have lived with these couple of problems for a while now, but I am over them and decided to start seeking an answer. i have done some searches and have found nothing that really helps. So I have come to the experts :)

Number 1: The damn built in WI-FI card is one huge POS! Not only is it terribly slow, but it is constantly losing connection or re-acquiring the network address. I know it is not the router, because my laptop is literally sitting right next to my desktop and the built in wifi on it is working flawlessly. It isnt just the internet either, trying to transfer files from my laptop to the desktop over the wifi is an effort in futility.

I use a Linksys router by the way.

Number 2: I have a Maxtor Diamond Max 10 HDD that I am booting from. I sometimes have to restart the computer 7 or 8 times before it finally recognizes it and boots up. This is overclocked and stock. Same results either way. Anyone suggestions?

Thanks guys

maxtors are liek that, I had one that wouldnt work with an NF4 chipset, maxtors sent me one with a newer firmware and it worked fine, maybe its soemthing like that with yours.

the wifi works fine for me, I also have a linskys router, I can play fear online and drop a file at 6 down on the lappy thru this compy's wifi while i game and not feel a thing.

Try the beta driver with the newest date on the asus site, only prob I have is the usuall aquiring IP bs but thats because this computer is running off a router...

Yea, maybe I just got unlucky and got a bad wireless card with the mobo.

I thought I heard of something with the diamondmax drives and a firmware update. Wasn't sure if it takes a new drive or if there was a way to upgrade the one I have.

Back