• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a differance water makes!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sizerkozak

Registered
Today i built another machine with the spare E6400 and a Nvidia C55mcp55 main board

I used the stock fan that came with the cpu and it ran at 55C....
i applied the paste, changed fans etc etc and the same thing...55C

So i tossed on the crappy Thermaltake (im proud to have previously removed from my main rig) and what a drop...its running at 30C now

On a side note...how shi**y can Thermaltake gear be?
Man i took a closer look at the fittings (due to a couple leaks) and more than half of them were cross threaded from factory...some had course threaded couplings...some were fine thread...some didnt even look like it had threads...everything was glued together...so i pulled every fitting off and re-did them all...now there are no leaks :)

Shame on you Thermaltake...tsk tsk

mh.jpg

Mycobacteria said:
As for the quality issues the answer is on a little sticker that says:

"Made in China"

At least i have learned from it !!
I will never be buying any of there products again ...thats a given

Its a real shame that if there are any watercooling parts/kits in most computer stores, they are Thermaltake. They make some other decent air cooling parts, so why can't they get their act together on watercooling?

voigts said:
Its a real shame that if there are any watercooling parts/kits in most computer stores, they are Thermaltake. They make some other decent air cooling parts, so why can't they get their act together on watercooling?

Lol I remember when i first got into watercooling I bought a thermaltake bigwater 745.

God that thing leaked so bad coolant was pooling under the RES.

Back