• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i want to try watercooling... i need suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

50cent1228

i really want to try water cooling my cpu and my gpu(vid card)..
i read in the basics sticky that a custom water cooling machine is better than a kit...but i still don't know where to start...
my specs are:

aspire x-cruiser case

asus m2n32 sli deluxe wifi mobo

amd athlon x2 4200+

4 gig ddr2 ram

evga nvidia ge force 7900 gt ko

and im only running the 2 fans that come with my case...so it can get preety hot in therer

i basically want to water cool just my cpu and my vid card... so if anyone can help me set up a machine in the budget of $130 that would be very helpfull...thnx in advance for all the help

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=369416

its all there IMO.

I just purchased from jab-tech who seemed to have pretty much everything to choose from. I walked out for about 250 for just my CPU cooling, but I didnt spare any pennies.

of course 130 for cpu and gpu might be sparing alot of pennies. Id think youd have to get a bit more custom, I think that 77 chevette radiator or whatever is pretty cheap or something, people seem to use it alot. aquarium pumps are also much less expensive, but they run off AC, so there is that. its always price vs simplicity vs performance isnt it?

Welcome to the forums, 50cent1228!! I don't mean to thread jack, but 50cent1228, you signature need to be just a *tad* smaller buddy ;) Read the stickies in this sub forum, They will help you a lot! And if you have any questions, we'll be glad to help ya.. The search function is also a great tool for finding the information you need.. Good luck and welcome to the water cooling world!

Welcome aboard!

For a very nice system, you can just head over to swiftnets.com (swiftech's website) and pick out the appropriate parts for your components. From your list of PC components I would go with an apogee CPU waterblock, a MCW55 video card waterblock, either a 1x120 or 2x120 radiator and the MCP655 pump. Then head down to your hardware store to get some tygon tubing, some hosebarbs and some wormdrive hose clamps. That should give you a very nice setup. If you are looking to spend less money, there are ways to do that too...

Good luck!

Back