• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help to decide on vga cooling plz...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twister1234

I m here in germany and using the 1/2" fittings,so i m kind of limited on 2 compatible waterblocks(without the need to have big trouble+long wait times,while importing).

One of em is the dangerden maze 5 and the other is the swiftech maze 5.

My current system should be in my sig,my new vga is a gecube 1950 xt(runing @675(1,475 vgpu)/1017(2,185 vmem))

The problem is,that card runs way to hot...it reaches 64 C using ati tool artifacts test(100% fan speed---thats really loud),it was even more,but i reaplied as 5 and put an enermax 80 mm fan directly under the card(before the gpu reached 75C and the mosfets 95C+,before i stopped the test).

So,which of the waterblocks will give the best performance(my pump should have enough pressure),or are there any other blocks currently on market worth to import?

Greets Twister

my card ran hot like that too (same card but different brand), I like my Swiftech MCW60 a lot, but the maze5 (both brands are pretty similar) will do just fine, just make sure to get ramsinks!

yes,ramsinks are planed allready(about 9,95€)

so,theres no big difference between the 2 blocks,think i will go dd then

I have the Swiftech MCW60, and it does its job well. The Maze blocks are easier to mount, and have better mounting hardware provided though. Both blocks are going to perform very similarly.

Back