• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-dex with DDR2 400 Mem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andylihaha

does P5b-d support ddr2 400 ram?
I am looking forward getting a p5b-d.
but now i still have 2 sticks of ddr2 400, and want to keep them since i am not able to afford both the new mb and ram.

Depends on cpu that you will be using. P5b dlx won't run memory below fsb of cpu. The lowest cpu to memory ratio is 1:1. So core2duo let say e6400 has fsb 266, the lowest memory that it will run without that memory being overclocked is pc4200. Now if you have penitum 805, fsb is 133, so there is nothing to worry about since memory has higher frequency (200).

meionm said:
Depends on cpu that you will be using. P5b dlx won't run memory below fsb of cpu. The lowest cpu to memory ratio is 1:1. So core2duo let say e6400 has fsb 266, the lowest memory that it will run without that memory being overclocked is pc4200. Now if you have penitum 805, fsb is 133, so there is nothing to worry about since memory has higher frequency (200).

thanks for your reply. yes, i am going to keep my d805 on this board until i can afford a conroe and a pair of new ram.

Now i got my p5b-dlx. but i can not get it to post with my current ram. I am not sure if theres problem withe the mb or the ram. I try to swap my d805 with a celeron d 331, but still no post, no beep.
So this board does not support memoery under 533mhz?

Hope someone would give me some advice on this?

Edit: nevermind, I got a new pair of memory, and now it's up and running again.

Last edited:
Back