• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a guide for volt modding ram on P4P800se

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdfreak04

I've been browsing the forums for a good tutorial on volt modding my P4P800SE m/b.. I've come accross one write up on sticky, but the picture isn't showing anymore and i'd prefer to see it done on a m/b before i go ahead and try it myself.

Can anyone provide a tutorial or a link to doing the volt mods to the board? not only ram but chipset also, i'm not sure if theres a vmod for that like my nf7 did...

I've found one vdrop mod :D

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=324292

thanks
-Steve

I saw the link you pointed to, the mods for the P4P800's are not exactly the same as for the P4C800's series. I did the vdroop mod on my P4P800dlx, not sure if it makes any difference when using the ct-479 adaptor though, let me know if Your voltages fluctuate a lot, when set at 1.5125v bios reads between 1.504v and 1.536v in Asus Probe. Used to overvolt up to 0.1v with 2.6c and then drop back to bios setting under load, but after vdroop modding still overvolted 0.1v but then only dropped back half way to bios setting under load. I'll post pic for vdroop mod on p4p800dlx. I will also post P4P800dlx vdimm mod pic. Please note that these mods could be slightly different for P4P800se. As far as chipset goes the AGP voltage , set in bios from 1.5v to 1.8v also sets voltage to Northbridge chipset. The vdimm mod will get You about 3.15v max to ram if set at 2.85v in bios.
Do some checking first as not all Ram responds as well to voltage, so could be a waste of time. If You want more than 3.15v
to Your Rams then only options are Ocz DDR Booster or Psu volt mod.

Attachments

• p4pdroop.jpg
    p4pdroop.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0517b.jpg
    IMG_0517b.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Those are awsome pics .. Exactly what i needed :beer: .. so those are from a different P4P800 motherboard correct ?.. I think they shoul work fine on the P4P800SE.. Is there a guide or a tutorial from where you got those pics?.. if not what potentometers are used for both the vdimm.. and the drop mod? I'm more interested in doing the drop mod, I'm not useing any high end ram ... but i have my processor clocked at 2.808ghz @ 1.5375v in the bios... i think i have headroom for 2.9ghz, oh and i'm on air :D

thanks
-Steve

Last edited:
Looks to me as though Your motherboard is exactly the same layout as mine except Yours is missing the VIA raid ide sockets. For the vdroop mod use either 28k ohms worth of resistors, or do as I did and fit a 50k pot and set it to 28k.
For the Vdimm mod use a 50k pot again but initially set it to 50k and then measure voltages on the regulator transistor at 2.55v bios first. The max voltage You will get with the pot at 0 ohms is 3.15v, which is 0.15v below Your 3.3v rail.
As You said You have non-high performance Ram then I wouldn't do the Vdimm mod. As I said before if You are not getting much voltage droop then the Vdroop mod may make no difference at all. I think the Ct-479 pcb takes care of voltages to the Dothan. btw nice overclock with that 730, I thought my 740 was a good one. Also I've never heard of anyone using a Zalman 6000 on a Dothan, I fitted the 7000 copper model but others have also fitted the 7700 copper on theirs, that weighs almost 1kg. If You do want to do the vdimm mod let me know and I can give further advice on that.

imperiousleader said:
Looks to me as though Your motherboard is exactly the same layout as mine except Yours is missing the VIA raid ide sockets. For the vdroop mod use either 28k ohms worth of resistors, or do as I did and fit a 50k pot and set it to 28k.
For the Vdimm mod use a 50k pot again but initially set it to 50k and then measure voltages on the regulator transistor at 2.55v bios first. The max voltage You will get with the pot at 0 ohms is 3.15v, which is 0.15v below Your 3.3v rail.
As You said You have non-high performance Ram then I wouldn't do the Vdimm mod. As I said before if You are not getting much voltage droop then the Vdroop mod may make no difference at all. I think the Ct-479 pcb takes care of voltages to the Dothan. btw nice overclock with that 730, I thought my 740 was a good one. Also I've never heard of anyone using a Zalman 6000 on a Dothan, I fitted the 7000 copper model but others have also fitted the 7700 copper on theirs, that weighs almost 1kg. If You do want to do the vdimm mod let me know and I can give further advice on that.

i will post back tonight, with pics i hope and maybe i might do the mod also .. do you have msn ? if you do pm me your email we will talk there if you have it also

mines [email protected]

steve

Back