• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 965P-DS3P rev 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have 2 Questions to the article / in general:
At first its only about the DS3P but in the conclusion he also refers to the great DS3 rev 2. Is that rev also available now and is really as nice as he mentions or is it just to say that the DS3 has to be as nice as the DS3P...

Additionally on another review /thread i heard the DS3 having problems with D9 memory, does anyone know if this issue is cleared for now and ever ?

As u may know im still not sure which board to take and always like hearing the good news first ;)

-da`Paule

IMO

In my opinion, the guy who wrote the review should buy one and take it home to sleep with since he is so in love with it.

The comments in the forums do not validate anything that he says.

And he really should get it right. I don't know of a DS3P board. I've never seen it referred to as that anywhere.

The bottom line is that some people love them and some people hate them. But nobody ever noted any huge change from rev1 to rev2. And his note that they changed to solid capacitors is incorrect, both boards have them.

So in short, he is just yet another hardware review site sucking up to the vendors for free stuff.

jph1589 said:
And he really should get it right. I don't know of a DS3P board. I've never seen it referred to as that anywhere.
I'm sure he just meant the 965P-DS3.

I think someone said that the D9 memory issue was resolved with the rev. 2 but I can't say that for certain. Until someone around here or elsewhere actually buys one to try out we wont know for sure.

INFO

cuda340 said:
Well that makes his review even more troubling. That is a completely different board and is not Rev2 of the DS3. The DS3 has a Rev 2 board and it is completely different than that.

So I guess either the guy was on some really good drugs, or he really was just leading the cheering squad for Gigabyte's Marketing team. Either way, it isn't relevant to the DS3.

Per Gigabyte's website you see the following boards listed for the 965P chipset (there are a total of 8 products listed):

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products...enderType=Intel&CPUType=socket+775#Intel P965

There are rev. 1 and rev. 2 listed for each of these (totalling 6):

965P-DS4
965P-DQ6
965P-DS3

However, there is only a rev. 1 model showing for the 965P-S3 and only a rev. 2 showing for the 965P-DS3P. Is it possible that the "DS3P" is a renamed "S3"?

Gigabyte's naming scheme has always been hard for me to keep straight.

Back