• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5b Deluxe, How to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ledfortr

Hello All,
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Build
Asus p5b Deluxe (Version 804 bios)
Core 2 Duo e6400
GeForce 8800 GTS
2x Corsair 1gb xm2

I just put the system together today and I am somewhat new to overclocking. I have looking through many sites and tried many different configurations, but I am still learning.

I found some helpful hints and have sucessfully got my pc running at 2.66. I know this processor and board have a lot more than that but when I try to raise the CPU frequency, the processor speed doesn't change, I brought it up to 533 and still no change.

Could someone please help me narrow down what I need to change? I'm sure its something simple. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
533 is the CPU frequency, dram is 1066.

I looked at that guide and many others, still can't get it to go above 2.66 :(

ledfortr said:
533 is the CPU frequency, dram is 1066.

I looked at that guide and many others, still can't get it to go above 2.66 :(

533 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high for air cooling. With the default multiplier of 9 that'd be almost 5000mhz which would undoubtedly fry your chip (luckily it'd never let you boot that). If your running the stock HSF I wouldn't go above 400.

Try something more reasonable, like 334x9 with a 1.3vcore for a modest 3ghz first. If you can get it too boot with that and the temps are good (not over 55C under 75% load @ 15 minutes) then try pushing the bus speed a little higher. If you get up to 400 I'd recommend putting the multiplier down to 8, otherwise its gonna get hot in 'ther.

If anything I said didn't make sense let us know.

Last edited:
Back