• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolIT Systems Anyone Tried?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is the Freezone, not the Eliminator. From what I remember hearing, the Freezone is a pretty decent cooler, but it's kind of noisy.

LordFrank started a thread about the Freezone. It's not a review exactly, but he does have some actual numbers posted throughout the thread. Might be worth a read.

But that isn't the Eliminator, which i think is supposed to have better performance.

jivetrky said:
But that isn't the Eliminator, which i think is supposed to have better performance.

the Freezone @ 400.00 US or so is CoolIT's highest performance cooler.

the Eliminator @ 200.00 US is the Freezone on the cheap. cools fairly well, but not as good as the Freezone.

this is from the cool-it systems homepage:

"What's the difference between the Freezone and the Eliminator?

Cooling Capabilities:
Freezone is recommended for CPUs with total heat output of up to 175W. Higher loads can be accommodated but the result will be comparable to water cooling. The Eliminator is recommended for CPUs with a total heat output of up to 125W. The Eliminator is targeted for overclocking nearly any dual core CPU while the Freezone is more than capable of cooling the new quad core kentsfield from Intel."

anyway ... i find both coolers to be strangely attractive and peculiar; i'm sort of tickled by anything that shoots for below ambient temps ...

others i've discussed those coolers with have dissed on them for using inefficient pelts, but hell, i'd buy one simply because it'd drop my load temps to around 38 instead of 55! bad pelts or not ... it's still a nice kit ... although very pricey.

Back