• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air in the pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how do you know one has air and one does not?
is it a sould (does one of them sound like a washing machine?)

My question is which pump is making the sound. Is it the 1st pump feeding directly from the res, or is it the 2nd pump feeding from the 1st pump? It is unlikely that air is what you are hearing if everything is properly bled.

i think i have this same problem, execpt i dont have a res. i have a t line. the bubbles aren't going away and the water in the t line keeps going way up and all the way down. it keeps cycling this motion, i know it needs more water, but if i put more, then i'll spill out of the t line.

what do i do?

I agree wiht QuietIce on looking for entrapped air in your system.

Also, I wouldn't run two pumps in series. Run them in parallel. You'll get twice the flow. Two pumps in series gives more head (pressure) but unless they are identical and performing indentically you can have issues. Also in series if one fails it becomes a big resistance to flow. In parallel it acts as a fail safe. If you need two pumps to make your pressure requirement I'd suggest getting a larger one or reducing the losses in the system.

HTH

quite stupid.. but how do you run 2 pumps in parallel? unless you are talking about getting a Y-fitting like how the TDX waterblocks used to be?

Back