• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBs with 1000Mhz on the memory??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

So far all I have seen is MBs that suport DDR2 800Mhz in dual chanel.

Are there any MBs out there that suport the DDR2 1000Mhz in dual chanel for the RAM (without overclocking).

Does anyone know will these kind of features be in the 985x or 700i chipsets?

Are you talking about having a strap that boots it at DDR2-1000?

the new NV chipsets advertize it.. but really all the newer chipsets will run it no sweat.

I think he was talking about running it as a default. RAM speed is a caculation from the FSB so until the stock FSB is higher there will not be RAM that runs @ stock @ 1000MHz. It is designed for OCers that need the headroom to run 1:1.

When cpus with higher fsb appear then it might be possible. I don't see so much benefit to value running memory in higher ratio than 4:5.

Dfi rd600 can run memory at any speed regardless of cpu's fsb because there is no divider but I don't know if it would go up to pc8000 speed

Mycobacteria said:
Are there any MBs out there that suport the DDR2 1000Mhz in dual chanel for the RAM (without overclocking).
So far, there are not MOBOs out with official memory support faster than DDR800. I have not seen the info on the new chipsets.

Back