• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dominator 800 Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flinch

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I was thinking about putting this in an eVGA 680i and wanted to make sure before I bought it, that I checked here to see if there were any issues or better ram for the $. It can be had for $264.00 after rebate.

This will be for a 6600. I'm not going to be real disappointed if it doesn't oc well, that's where I hope you guys/girls can help me out here on some good choices. I don't have any issues either with using a divider.

Thanks,

Flinch

To my knowledge Corsair stop putting the D9 ICs in their Dominator DDR2-800 series. Unfortunately, I think you are going to have to pay the money for a pair of Crucials for around $280. Those are the cheapest sticks with D9s, I think. Unless the Buffalo Firestix are still D9.

Buffalo Firestix are no longer D9 for the DDR-800 line. The 4-4-4-x version are (but I can't find them anywhere.). Now, the same DDR-800 specs changed to 5-5-5-x (RAM timing). That's how you can tell if it's D9 or not; from the specs on the Firestix.
Buffalo Firestix DDR-1000 are still D9.

For Crucial Ballistix, it's currently on sale ($240 AR).
Rebate ends today! (Zipzoomfly.com)

Take a look at "Deals" section of our OCforum.

Back