• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decent Memory for 680i-$300ish

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flinch

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I have the board picked out and the cpu(6600) now I need some ram.(D9's) I'm looking at $300 or so to spend. Compatibility issues are what I want to stay away from, and a company with good customer service in the event issues occur.

A concern is also initial voltage to the ram, I don't have any other ddr2 laying around, so it will have to boot with whatever I buy.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks...

Flinch

Last edited:
Yup, Crucial is a division of Micron so they should (and do from what I have read) contain D9's. I would go with the Ballistix from newegg or zzf or some TeamXtreem stuff from tankguys.biz.

Thanks guys, I setteld on Ballistix Tracers(6400)......hopefully these will be D9.

I am pretty certain those will contain D9's. The tracers also have LED's on them from what I understand, which is why they are a little more than the normal Ballistix. Enjoy the ram, it should be very nice! :)

Back