• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filter with system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

Anyone use one of these http://www.petrastechshop.com/peinwafi.html ?

Bascially, I am re-doing my coolant and flushing out the crap inside my loop. Just FYI, FluidXP+Distilled Water = AWESOME light crystal blue color...but also = breakdown of crap in the loop. Lesson learned.

Anyway, I am going to flush the system with some distilled water to get the debris out, and wanted to add a filter like this for a little whle in order to make sure not particles are still floating aorund. I am also going to use plain distilled water a tad of pentosin 11.

Who has used a fliter? If not this one, where can one get one locally you think? Pet store? Plumbing store? Advice?

That would kill the flow rate, just change your fluid every once in a while. Put in a drain and to make it easy.

Immortal_Hero said:
That would kill the flow rate, just change your fluid every once in a while. Put in a drain and to make it easy.

Sorry, I dont think I was clear. I wouldnt leave it in the loop, just for flushing purposes. For instance, put it in the loop, run the pump off a different PSU with distilled water for a few hours, THEN take it out.

It's not needed, but it would work. I would just fill a sink up with water, extend a couple hoses, let it drain the sink, then stick the hose in some distilled and run it for a few minutes to rinse the lines.

Knacko said:
It's not needed, but it would work. I would just fill a sink up with water, extend a couple hoses, let it drain the sink, then stick the hose in some distilled and run it for a few minutes to rinse the lines.

So you are talking about tap water, then running distilled?

Yep, as long as you rinse the tap water out with distilled, you should have no problems with organics. It's just cheaper to run the tap water to clean out all the junk.

Knacko said:
Yep, as long as you rinse the tap water out with distilled, you should have no problems with organics. It's just cheaper to run the tap water to clean out all the junk.

That will work great then! I was going to have the wife pick up 10 gallons of distilled :eek:

Looks like the cleasing this Friday will work out better now...and cheaper!

Thanks much.

I received mine today. It is currently running in my system and will remain in the system for about a week and then be removed. There is so many tiny bits that are near impossible to remove during installation.

Yeah, I think I am going to grab one just because. Any way you could post some pics of it? I cant get an idea of the size :)

lokitexas said:
Yeah, I think I am going to grab one just because. Any way you could post some pics of it? I cant get an idea of the size :)
Ask and ye shall receive...

img1118large4vl.jpg

img1120large7bd.jpg

I just hook my system up to the kitchen sink with a waterbed fill adapter and force flush the snot out of it. After about 30 minutes of this it removes any debris like a charm. I then drain and refill a couple of times with distilled to get rid of any tap water and then final fill.

Back