• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5b-E Chipset going crazy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicasoft

Registered
a friend just bought a p5b-e, everything was fine until he cleaned the case..... he grab the mobo from the chipset cooler and after that northbridge temp is 127c :eek: but i think the sensor is broken because stay still 127c always. dont change a bit. even when mobo is fisrt boot in the mourning show that temp. always. we touch the north and southbridge and its really hot. but not 127c.

we tested with the hardcano thermometer and say is: 57c max. (the North), 47c max South.

we re-aply paste, heatsink position, upgrade bios, everything and always show 127c.
the cpu (e6300) is 50c which is wierd because before this mobo it was 27c.

his spec: core 2 duo E6300, p5b-e, Ultra xfinity 500w, BFG 7950GT, OCZ Gold dual channel 667 512x2.

can somebody please help him? I running out of ideas.

Ps: Sorry about any type-o but english is not my primary language.

Speedfan gives me a reading:

Aux: 127C

Never changes. Not sure wth its reporting. I wouldn't worry about it.

ditto here. i applied as5 to my NB before installing this sucker and i was very careful.

i wouldnt worry about it. test out the NB temp by touching it if it burns then its too hot. if you can hold your hand to it and its quite warm but u can touch it ok there for a lil bit, its ok.

Mine is like that too. (same temp like you: 127C)
I touched the NB. It was not hot at all.
I stress tested it. Same temp. No change.

No worries.

Another forum says Aux is just something that Speedfan put there but it is not a temp probe on our Asus P5B motherboard.

But I Touch it and it burn the hell out of me :mad: . but im sure its not 127c. because we tested with a thermometer and its said: 57c NorthBridge and 47c Southbridge.. do i buy another heatsink for the chipsets? i already re-aply AS5 and nothing....

Back