• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB Cooling Options on P5B-D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeepSky

I was just wondering if anyone has added any sort of aftermarket cooling for the NorthBridge on the P5B. I had to up the voltage to get rid of the 1x PCIE problem on these boards and I think its getting a little hot with my OC.

Anyone have any suggestions? 40mm fans, placement, etc?

Thanks in advance.

You can buy 40mm fan and put it on the northbridge. Just remove the asus sticker that is wrap on the northbridge and instal it there.

I just silicone-glued a 40mm fan on top of the NB. Put a few slim spacers, I used two razor blades, between the fan and the heatsink while it cures. The only downside is you do have to allow some curing time but imo the heatpipe system is good, especially if you have any kind of airflow going over the CPU and out the back of the case over the heatpiped sink. This sink is actually isolated intentionally from the mosfets and power circuitry it's mounted upon to serve as a heat dissipator from the NB.

Back