• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over flowing water in T-line!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

I just setup my system which is made up of 2 mcp600 pumps in a series>thermochill 120.3> g5>silverprop fusion hl>silverprop fusion hl>t-line.

The t-line is basically connected to the inlet of the first pump. What is happening is that once the system is one everything is running smooth and no bubbles or washing noises or anything. Also there is barely any water in the t-line. Then when i turn my computer off, water fills up the t-line completely and the tline is about 1.5 feet. I have it running to the top of the case. Then when i turn the comp on again all the water gets sucked into the loop. this didn't happen in my other system, is it due to the two pumps. I don't mind it if it doesn't spill out, but it does concern me.

thanks

Hmm, I don't have a t-line but i do have a swiftech microres and the water level in the res doesn't change at all, it stays the same. It might be cause you have two pumps but i doubt it. Maybe it just gravity playing its role as pulling all the water left in the lines down and causing it fill the t-line.:confused:

your two pumps are sucking up a lot of water, which is normal. My one D5 (btw-newer pumps are designed to use less water, if that makes sense...) uses about 6" of water from my t-line, and when I add in my second in the next week, I'm going to have to extend my t-line or add in a reservoir.

My 3/4" T-line drops ~2" when the pumps are turned on so I'd say yes. (Notice in my sig my pumps aren't together) Try increasing the size of your T-line to 3/4" - that should reduce the water level drop to less than half what it is now.

BTW - Since you have a fillport you may need to put 1/2" tubing inside the 3/4" to make a good seal. Or you can add a 3/4"-1/2" reducer ...

QuietIce said:
Now you gotta' wonder where the extra water goes when you turn on the pump ... ;)

When you turn on your system, especially with that much pressure from having a powerful pump setup, the tubing will expand from an ovalish shape to a more round shape, that's where all the extra water is going. When your pumps are off the tubing contracts again, pushing the water back up the T-line.

Like Nik said, you need to cap off the T-line while the system is running in order to keep this from happening.

Back