• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Entry-level Overclockable RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jien_xex

I'm looking for budget ram with entry-level OCbility.. which is cheaper ram but still able to provide higher OCbility than other models.. I'm using AMD64 socket754 2800+ Clawhammer and my motherboard is Abit KV8 PRO, I heard people saying that AMD64 setup performs better with TCCD chipset RAMs, is that true? If that's true, any good recommendations for any model RAMs with TCCD chipset?

Thanks alot for all masters for your kindly comments.. Sorry if my question is too noob, coz I just started to learn OC...

Memory makes little difference for K8.

And since K8 is always on a divider you'd be better off with just a higher CPU speed and a higher divider. There's no performance hit. But if you'r really into memory OCing Winbond, Samsung and Micron are the chip brands you'll want to get to know.

Thanks alot every masters for your useful comments. Does this mean that I can use the divider to achieve higher CPU speed without losing the rams timings to get higher FSB?

Back