• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Disconnects *POST THEM ALL HERE*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mcmaster.com has a bunch
c1fga14s.gif

51545K34 - Polypropylene Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling Socket, 1/2" Tube ID, 3/8" Coupler, Shut-Off Valve = $12.72
51545K54 - Polypropylene Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling Plug, 1/2" Tube ID, 3/8" Coupler, Shut-Off Valve = $9.52

And they are huge, but that has to be the case if you need them to be less restrictive.

I'd love to see some pics of them in use; it might be worth the expense if you change your setup a lot...

Captain Slug said:
mcmaster.com has a bunch
c1fga14s.gif

51545K34 - Polypropylene Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling Socket, 1/2" Tube ID, 3/8" Coupler, Shut-Off Valve = $12.72
51545K54 - Polypropylene Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling Plug, 1/2" Tube ID, 3/8" Coupler, Shut-Off Valve = $9.52

And they are huge, but that has to be the case if you need them to be less restrictive.
Slug have you used these ? Im going to be putting my system back in my case soon and these look like they would rock . Right now I have to take all the blocks off and the rad out of the case and take it all over to the sink if i need to disconnect somthing. with those it looks like I could take out a peice of the loop very easy. ( like if i need to take my vid card out to vmod it )

If I'm not mistaken, these are the ones I've used before (51545K34, 51545K54). They're single shut-off, meaning that the socket side will shut when disconnected, but the plug side will not. These are preferable over the dual shut-off disconnects, which severely restrict flow when connected.

How about natural gas fittings? they have some neat, secure locks and screw threads for secure fitting. would they work with liquid coolant?

datura3 said:
Does anyone know what the threading is on the Zalman Reserator quick couplings. They are fairly cheap for a set and are probably not that restrictive since the reserator uses a small eheim 300 pump (I think). if the are g1/4 then I may test out a set.

http://sharkacomputers.com/zareplqucoco.html

The fittings on the Resorator are precisely the type of fittings you don't want. I replaced the pump the in Resorator with an Eheim 1000, and the flow rate was still crap. So I did away with the quick disconnects, and the flow rate increased substantially. No real numbers to show, but it's pretty clear that the stock quick releases are restrictive.

As for threading, it's G 1/4. I use G 1/4 barbs instead of the stock disconnects.

aaronjb said:
The fittings on the Resorator are precisely the type of fittings you don't want. I replaced the pump the in Resorator with an Eheim 1000, and the flow rate was still crap. So I did away with the quick disconnects, and the flow rate increased substantially. No real numbers to show, but it's pretty clear that the stock quick releases are restrictive.

As for threading, it's G 1/4. I use G 1/4 barbs instead of the stock disconnects.

Do you still have those lying around? If you do can you blow through them and let me know if it is like blowing up a balloon or blowing through a tube? The ones I have are very difficult to blow air through

I've used the Colder NS6 series, they definitely work well. I used them to bleed watercooling loops (D5, Apogee, DD SLI GPU blocks, reservoir) with great success. They don't leak when you pull them apart and they even stop the flow of the pump. Easy to install and use, plus they come in different colors.

So I set up this external water cooling system this weekend that has a flow meter in it. Before adding any blocks, I figured I could test a couple of quick connects. Well the metal alphacool quick connects kill the flow rate. The difference with one of them installed is remarkable. It reduces the flow to about 58% of the original flow.

It's about 107 g/h without the quick connect.
noconnector.jpg

It's about 62 g/h with the quick connect.
connector.jpg

I should have a set of Zalman quick connects in a couple of days. I'll test those as well. If anyone has a set that you want me to test send me a PM.

Back