• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello Everyone.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Budman

I will be the first to tell you i am a newbie to any type of overclocking, but by no means a novice computer user. I have been reading this forum for along time, and finally built my own system. Its a Core 2 E6600 with a Gigibyte GA-965P-DQ6 Motherboard just begging to be clocked. I have 2 80G drives. One runs Linux, and the other runs XP, and my third is a 250G storage drive. My first computer was a 486DX with a turbo button, and ever since that first one i was hooked. I have always been into OS's, and learning them. Linux is something that really interest me. I think its the black sheep mentality. It's that it shouldn't work but does. That is what also brought me to pay attention to the Overclockers out there. I was never daring enough to do it, but was always interested in how you push a CPU past its potential. Don't get me wrong, sometimes i would wonder why you would do it when back in the day the FSB would only bottleneck at faster speeds. Anyway's the knowlegde you guys have is amazing, and i enjoy talking to all of you. Later

Hi Budman!

Welcome to the forums! There is so much info in here that it may seem overwhelming at first. However, I sure that the excellent members of our community would make you feel right at home.

Please take a moment to read the forum rules and guidelines (posted as sticky threads), as we operate a bit differently from the other forums.

Good luck and hope you stick around!

S-N

S-N is a very active moderator. (Don't do something against the rules..he will find out:p.)

You've got yourself one sweet system there. These are some of the best forums I visit. There are guys here that know jsut about everything. Someone knows linux, someone know Windows, someone knows CPU's another ram. There is a person for everything then some.

While you here why not stop by the folding section. Folding at home is a Distributed computing project run my Stanford University. Its goal is to simulate protein folding and mis-folding to better understand diseases such as cancer, alzheimer's, diabetes, etc. FAH only uses your spare CPU cycles and has both windows and Linux clients. In particular they have a Linux 64bit SMP client that fold much faster than the standard clients and results in a nice sum of points per day.

Don't mean to push the FAH but you have a great system and especially with an overclock you can get with that combo you could really rack up the point and do a lot of science.

:welcome:

We take no responsibility for any addiction you may acquire while here. :]

Welcome! (Even though you've been a lurker for a while).

Back