• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W-DL, controlling the overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||TECO||

Registered
I want to know the best way to control de over.

I got 3500Mhz to use 24/7, but i want the pc get this clock just when it needs.. most of time my family use just internet, and in this case will be very nice if the processor´s clock and the vcore get reduced. What is the best way to do that?

The bios have some options, and probably there is some programs to do that.

What are the best sugest to use with this mobo?

Regards

TECO

UglyChild said:
There is no harm to run it at 3.5ghz 24/7 as long as you have adequate cooling. So whats the point reducing it?

save energy? I Think the main reason is because there is no need, and i could down some some fans. My intention is let it running at stock frequency with 1.1V on vcore

Speedfan use to do that very eficiently, but its not working correctly on p5w

Nobody use to do that?

Youll save about $2-$5 a month in energy. When the system is under heavy load, and its constantly working its little heart, thats when your energy bill will go up.

I think you got the whole concept of saving energy backwards.

You are trying to convince me that I don´t need or i don´t really want to lower my overclock on situation described above. That´s is not I want to discuss. I want to know what is the best way to do that.

But I think no one do that around here

Thanks anyway for all your effort. If i found the best way I post here for future reference

Back