• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help fast: ASUS Vintage-PE1 barebones no power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WoW_STORM

Registered
I just got all of the parts I ordered for a buddy this morning from New Egg. I got the ASUS Vintage-PE1 Intel Socket T(LGA775) Intel Pentium 4 / Celeron SiS 661FX 2 x 184Pin SiS Mirage Barebone. I ordered a Intel Celeron D 336 Prescott 2.8GHz (what he wanted not me), CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200), Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA, a SAMSUNG DVD writer, and a NEC floppy. My problem is that after I installed all of the hardware it will not power up at all. No fans, no nothing, except for the green led on the MB which the manual from the ASUS website is just a reminder LED to pull the power before working on it which I have been doing and I have waited until it goes out before removing anything.

This is my first experience with socket T style motherboard, so I am probably doing something wrong. (I am a AMD fan, but he wanted this, so thats what he got)
:bang head
Here is a list of what I tried so far.
1. pulled the memory after removing power. hooked power back up NADA.
2. reset CPU and heat after removing power. hooked power back up NADA.
3. Disconnect HD after removing power. hooked power back up NADA.
4. checked all of the jumpers and case connections and they are right.
no fan movement at all. Please help me with this. I am at my wits end.
:bang head
link to the case and mobo on New egg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16856110031

Here is the link to it on the ASUS website. http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=1&l2=1&l3=382&model=506&modelmenu=1

Mod PLEASE DELET THIS POST

I figured out the problem. The darn power supply was set for 230 volts. DUH!! Anyway I got it figured out. So please delete this post.

Back