• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 WC Box. Help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harakusara

Hi all. I'm having problems with my xbox and freezing and lately I've had to put my xbox outside my window so I've decided to WC it.

Parts (so far):

KOOLANCE XBOX 360 DUAL COOLER WATER COOLING KIT
: $114.99

Trust me I don't want to run 1/4" but it there is minimal clearance under the dvd drive in the 360 and i haven't seen any blocks that would work.

If I could find one I could make custom mounting.

I was thinking of running a MCP350 with Petra's top and 1/4" barbs

I am also wondering about the Rad...

Would a pa160 be able to handle the load or would i need something like a pa120.2
I have a pa120.3 that isn't being used but that would make the water box rather large so I'm not sure.

I'm also going for silence unless it it not feasible.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
you only need a minimal setup for a 360, as there is nothing to overclock, so temperatures are only for stability, not for adding headroom for more voltage. Thus, any radiator will do, if you have a 160 laying around you are one lucky fellow, and it would be more than up to the task.

sorry to hijack but i am going to water cool my 360 with the same water blocks you have, also. there is one big concern with those blocks though, they leave the ram at about 115 deg F. Are there any small water blocks out there that are used for video card style ram that DO NOT incorporate the gpu water block? ie. I dont want something like this. I just want a setup that will consist of the 2 koolance blocks and another 2 blocks for the ram, and they must have the inlet/outlet on the sides.

Kasso said:
sorry to hijack but i am going to water cool my 360 with the same water blocks you have, also. there is one big concern with those blocks though, they leave the ram at about 115 deg F. Are there any small water blocks out there that are used for video card style ram that DO NOT incorporate the gpu water block? ie. I dont want something like this. I just want a setup that will consist of the 2 koolance blocks and another 2 blocks for the ram, and they must have the inlet/outlet on the sides.
Is getting a small fan to blow air over the memory a possibility? Would save a lot of money, hassle, and space.

seamadan000 said:
you only need a minimal setup for a 360, as there is nothing to overclock, so temperatures are only for stability, not for adding headroom for more voltage. Thus, any radiator will do, if you have a 160 laying around you are one lucky fellow, and it would be more than up to the task.

QFT. I second.

Don't bother with those thermaltakes. wluk on the classies sells some really nice aluminum ramsinks for WAYYY cheaper than those and uses thermaltape, Thermaltake uses double sided tape. They are about the same price per peice, but the alum ones are bigger and use better tape and shipping is only $1.50.

WonderingSoul said:
QFT. I second.

Don't bother with those thermaltakes. wluk on the classies sells some really nice aluminum ramsinks for WAYYY cheaper than those and uses thermaltape, Thermaltake uses double sided tape. They are about the same price per peice, but the alum ones are bigger and use better tape and shipping is only $1.50.

The problem is they need to be very short and I wasn't sure if the others would be short enough.

So if they'll fit, I'll get them.

Back