• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel D975BX with its 3 BEEPS memory problem. SOLVED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

babelawra

Hi everybody,

I was reading a thread about the D975BX with the FAMOUS "3 BEEPS" problem :bang head because I "had" the same problem and agreed with the fact that there was no solution to reset this MB.

But I found how to "reset" the memory slots in order to go back in the bios and load optimized defaults settings.

1) Place the bios jumper in recovery mode --> [3][2]1

2) Turn power ON, with your single ou double memory in their slots and you'll hear the 3 beeps. OK

3) Remove the DDR memory, unplug the power cable and push on the power switch. you'll see that the proc's fan will start and stop quickly. OK

4) Put back the or one of the DDR memory in a slot, plug the power cable again and turn power ON. You'll see that the PC boots and go to the bios recovery menu. OK

5) Load optimized defaults settings, quit bios with saving changes. You'll see this (or something like this) on your screen "Shutdown your computer and replace your bios jumper to the normal mode". OK

6) Reboot your computer and have fun ;) . FOR ME IT WORKED VERY WELL.

/!\ DON'T TRY TO RESET WITH THE RESET SWITCH OR YOU 'LL HAVE TO MAKE THIS AGAIN /!\ don't ask me why, i dont know ;)

I hope it'll help u and solve your problem because it's fine for me.

My config : Intel D975BX - Intel Core 2 Extrem X6800 - 2x512 XMS Corsair DDR2 PC5400.

Appreciate, see u soon :beer: ;)

Last edited:
Back