• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel not recongized.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cr0ss

Disabled
i have a dual channel Corsair XMS2 TwinX2 PC5200 667MHZ 1GB (2x 512), when i looked into CPU-Z, and clicked on the memory tab. under channels# it gaved me single. whats wrong? did i put the ram in the wrong place?

i have a asus m2n-sli deluxe with a amd x2 4200+

Did you put the in right slots? Also check if correct amount of memory is detected. You are saying that show it as single channel but does it display 1024mb or 512mb

it shows 1024MB on CPU-Z, and yeah i think put it right.. i put it side by side

heres a little diagram

1[y] 2 3[y] 4

my slot colours are yellow and black.
i put the 1st ram in the 1st yellow slot, while i put my 2nd ram in the 2nd black slot.

Yeah as it was mentioned, you have to put them in the same color slots. They make them in matching colors so people will know which slots do dual channel.

Yup, Dual Channel literally means using both channels. Each set of 2 slots closest to each other are a channel. So in order to use both (dual channel) a stick would have to be in the corresponding slot of both channels (which would seperate them further apart physically).

Back