• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay487

Registered
I have a motherboard that supports it, and 2 sticks of 512 pc3200, I know I have to have them in certain slots on the motherboard (1 and 3 or 2 and 3) on my Asus A7N8X deluxe.

Is there anything else I have to do to get them running in dual channel? How can I check to see if they are?

Pretty much put memory in right slots and mobo should run it in dual channel.

If you want see if it does run it in dual channel. Download cpuz, click memory tab and it should say next channels dual
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Under "SPD" it says slot 2 of ram is only pc2700, when they're both 3200 (im positive of this)

But under the Memory tab, it says 1024 MBytes in Channels#: Dual and for Timings it says 200.5mhz - Is this something I should be concerned about?

Jay487 said:
Under "SPD" it says slot 2 of ram is only pc2700, when they're both 3200 (im positive of this)

But under the Memory tab, it says 1024 MBytes in Channels#: Dual and for Timings it says 200.5mhz - Is this something I should be concerned about?
Nope, usuall stuff.

Back