• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

badgers

any reviews comparing OCZ to kingmax for PC2700?

I am looking at hardcorecooling.com because they charge an honest shipping rate.

They are selling OCZ, but I know kingmax also makes PC2700

any reviews or opinions?

any PC2700 running at CAS 2? All I have read indicates CAS2.5

thank you for your time and have a good day

i just read how much OCZ is getting slammed in other posts.
I did not know they were such a problem.

There is a review of Kingmax PC2400 over at pcpowerzone.co.uk and they plan on reviewing Kingmax PC2700 soon. However, I doubt they'll compare it to OCZ PC2700, as I don't think there is an OCZ reseller in the UK.

ps.
yes I know why the scores are low but I just don't understand why bother?

PS which boards have a 1/5 pci divider?

also, does anyone ever do a review with 2 sticks of mem.

the extra loading on the bus changes the OC

ps Nitestorm thank you for replying

The kingmax uses 5ns memory vs. the ocz with 6ns memory.
The kingmax should be able to hit higher fsb's.

Well I emailed Overclock.co.uk, who sell Kingmax memory in England (UK) and Europe, if they knew what the ns rating for the memory chips on the Kingmax TinyBGA PC2700 was and got a reply over the weekend (big thumbs up for customer service for that). Off the top of their heads they think they are indeed 5ns (I've heard 6ns, 5.5ns and 5ns mentioned in forums, but assumed it would be only 6ns as that is the minimum to make it proper PC2700 and thus rated for 166Mhz), but they'll check for sure when they get back into work tomorrow. Hope they are rated 5ns so they should be good for 200Mhz (400Mhz DDR), then it's just the rest of the system to worry about.

If you go to pricewatch.com and look at the pc2700 listings the sites selling Kingmax all say 5ns and the OCZ is 6ns. I have use Kingmax on my last 2 PC's. My older P3 I was running @150mhz FBS with memory timing set as fast as possible with 2 sticks of 256MB Kingmax PC150. On my new PC I'm running @150mhz FBS with memory timing set to CL2 with 2 sticks of 256MB Kingmax PC2400. Personally I would go with the Kingmax PC2700. I have never had any problems with the memory.

Zazuk said:
If you go to pricewatch.com and look at the pc2700 listings the sites selling Kingmax all say 5ns and the OCZ is 6ns. I have use Kingmax on my last 2 PC's. My older P3 I was running @150mhz FBS with memory timing set as fast as possible with 2 sticks of 256MB Kingmax PC150. On my new PC I'm running @150mhz FBS with memory timing set to CL2 with 2 sticks of 256MB Kingmax PC2400. Personally I would go with the Kingmax PC2700. I have never had any problems with the memory.

but the kingmax its cas 2.5 tho.

Had no problems with my Ocz pc150 (pc133 tested to 150).

7.5 ns chips and go up to 172 cas2 fastest timings..

But for my ddr rig that i'm planning I'm going with kingmax because of thos 5ns

OK, well got it confirmed from the UK retailer, Kingmax TinyBGA PC2700 does use 5ns memory chips. So I've ordered mine and I'll post my results when I have had chance to test them.

OCZ PC2700 256MB

I got this ram for $60 with a thermaltake kit. I run it at cas2 with bank interleave set to 4, and other ram timings set fast. Getting Sandra and will benchmark on AK31 v3.1 board. Will post later. Anyone else wanna post their PC2700 or 2400 Sandra scores?

dragon orb 3 said:

hey how do i tell if i got 1600 or 2100 ddr ram. I can't set my fsb any higher than 146 without it crashing and i get fairly low scores on sisoft sandra 2001te standard. Is it my version of sandra?

Not knowing much about DDR. I **BELIEVE** they start only at PC2100 and work their way up.

dragon orb 3 - look for CTSPD. It'll show you what kind or ram you have.

tsunami - They actually start at PC1600(PC100):beer:

OCZ score on AK31 v3.1 @ 133

Still installing software on my new rig, so I can't post the actual Sandra display yet....

at stock 133 FSB I get 793 & 927. at 150 fsb I get 837 & 982. Am still tinkering though.

badgers said:

also, does anyone ever do a review with 2 sticks of mem.

As you add more modules, the load on the memory controller increases, so multiple modules may not run stably when OC'd.
So, you're testing not just the RAM but the memory controller- and that may be why reviews seem to focus on single sticks. Just a guess.
-Taylor

dragon orb 3 said:

hey how do i tell if i got 1600 or 2100 ddr ram. I can't set my fsb any higher than 146 without it crashing and i get fairly low scores on sisoft sandra 2001te standard. Is it my version of sandra?

It should say on the memory a nuber or something, but I can tell you it is very unlikely you got 146fsb on 1600(100fsb) ram.

You can raise your fsb if you up your voltage on your memory to 2.7, but that depends if your mobo has the option.

Your memory is likely low becuase of your ram timmings, the CAS has the biggest effect. Also there could be other programs running that you might not be aware of, that would be slowing down your bench.

Back